I went with the kids on an organized outing with other people to a place about an hour drive away to a city with an old fortress. It reminded me a lot of Xi'an with the city walls. The city we went to had fortress walls that have been rebuilt recently. The original ones were built in the 1300-1400s (?) but largely destroyed recently because of recent wars. The outing was specifically in the evening to get the sunset and to see it all lit up at night. There was a big festival going on at the time. I'm not sure if it's regularly all lit up at night but they had special dance and cultural performances for the festival. There were lots of people; it doesn't look like it in the pictures because I waited until it was relatively not crowded to take the pictures (or between the crowds).
This blog highlights books and resources for learning about Chinese history and language for children. I hope it's also an encouragement for other homeschool families who are homeschooling bi-lingually or who want to add in some Chinese history into their homeschool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An Old Fortress (reconstructed)
I went with the kids on an organized outing with other people to a place about an hour drive away to a city with an old fortress. It remind...
-
It's almost spring...or feels like it should be! The Spring edition of the Learning Chinese in America magazine is out. You can find it...
-
I tried out two more recipes yesterday from the old cookbook. The shortbread was really good and surprised me because both recipes for shor...
-
I tried out two more recipes from the old cookbook. This might be my last post about this old cookbook for a while. I've worked through...
No comments:
Post a Comment