Wednesday, July 30, 2025

Old Recipes: Yorkshire Pudding and Welsh Rarebit

 I tried out two more recipes from the old cookbook. This might be my last post about this old cookbook for a while. I've worked through the recipes I really wanted to work through. It was a really great summer project and something I might do again next summer. Actually, I found a cookbook that has recipes from the Oregon Trail from the 1850s to 1900s...I might try some of them. We'll see. My favorite recipe from this old cookbook: County Recipes of Old England, was Chelsea Buns. I've made them two times already and plan to make them again on Friday. I like them because they aren't as sweet as cinnamon rolls and have more flavor. The kids like them too. The kids' favorite was probably cheese pasties...something I'll try to make again for them sometime. 

Welsh Rarebit. One of my kids liked it; the other two did not.


                  Yorkshire Pudding. My husband thought they were ok and my kids too. I think they'd

                                        be great with some kind of sauce or gravy on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Language Learning and Food

 We are trying to learn the language here now that we've moved. I can almost read (slowly- but hope to improve!); they have a different ...