Sunday, January 30, 2022

Vegetable Market

 Today we went to the vegetable market to buy some veggies and food before it closes for a few days for Chinese New Year. I thought I'd take some pictures of some of the veggies and other things they sell there. Many times when I go to the veggie market I see veggies, dried beans, and things that I don't normally cook with and it sometimes inspires me to learn how to cook some of these things. My hunch is that if you ask the average Chinese grandma, they could tell you how to cook any and all of these things. If you ask the average Chinese young person, they could tell you how to cook some of the things, but not all of them. Cooking is a skill that is slowly being lost (in my opinion) as more young people either prefer to eat out or are too busy to cook or to learn to cook. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Pressing

The local museum has a day in the year when people can bring in their apples to press into apple cider (apple juice). Today was that day and...