Thursday, July 28, 2022

Planning for the School Year

 This week I've been planning for the school year.  Some homeschool moms hate lesson planning but I love it. It's one of the things I look forward to every year. This next year will be a little different with 2 of my kids in formal school- a 1st grader and 3rd grader (from 1b and 1a). Quite a few of their classes they'll be doing together but others (like math and reading, etc.) they'll be doing separately. Generally, our family does Chinese history the 1st term, world history the 2nd term, and American history the 3rd term. One of the books I'm excited about is Animals of Asia for Kids. We're also going to try and make it a point to watch a few animal documentaries. We watched some before from time to time, but not regularly. I enjoy animal documentaries, esp. where they're working with endangered animals to save them. The picture below is at a park (on a super hot day!) earlier this month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Pressing

The local museum has a day in the year when people can bring in their apples to press into apple cider (apple juice). Today was that day and...