Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Cicada Shells

 We went for a walk today in search of cicada shells. I grew up in California, where we never had cicadas. However, where I live now there are cicadas every summer and they are very loud! They are supposed to come out every 7 years but here there are so many of them that they come out every summer. When I think of the experiences and memories my kids will have from growing up, I think the sound of the cicadas will be one of them. They also love looking out for cicada shells, from when the cicadas come out. They found quite a few of them! We have about 3 ½ weeks before we plan to start our school year. I've put together a tentative book list of the books we'll go through (or start or finish) but will do the school schedule and everything hopefully next week or the week after. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Pressing

The local museum has a day in the year when people can bring in their apples to press into apple cider (apple juice). Today was that day and...