Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spring in the Park

 We do a family outing once a week as part or our homeschool. It's usually a nature outing to a big park or a historical outing. Since we live in a city with a super long history, it's great to see some of the places (and museums) where it's happened. A few days ago we went to a park- one of our favorite parks. When we go on a nature outing I have empty peanut butter jars that I give to each of the kids to pick up little sticks, leaves, or anything else they see that's interesting. In the afternoon we take out what we collected and draw or paint them at home. 

My jar. I took home some blossoms found  on the ground and some tree bark to draw.

I got to draw some flower blossoms too!

My oldest son (7 years old) painted this one.






There are a few cool bridges in this park!

We saw some mushrooms on trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Pressing

The local museum has a day in the year when people can bring in their apples to press into apple cider (apple juice). Today was that day and...