Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Shao Kang: The Returning King (Introduction)

 Last year I did a series of kids growing up in ancient China. It was something I had written before and decided to post on this blog, part by part. I've decided to do another series, this time a biography about Shao Kang. I've written a few biographies of Chinese people over the years and have really enjoyed researching and writing about them. Shao Kang was one of China's ancient kings. Here's a short description:

Shao Kang (pronounced “Shaow Kang”) was one of the legendary rulers of the Xia Dynasty (2070-1600 BC). His dad was killed just before he was born by Han Zhuo, the man who took over the country. Shao Kang’s mom escaped and made it to her parent’s home, where Shao Kang was born soon afterward. The boy grew up on the farm with his mom and grandparents. They taught and trained him as best as they could. When he was sixteen years old, Han Zhuo heard that he was alive and sent his two sons to find and get rid of him. Shao Kang left his family’s farm and lived in a tribe up North where he got married, started a family, and slowly gathered together an army. He soon fought Han Zhuo’s army and took back the country. Shao Kang proved to be a good ruler, one of the best rulers of the Xia Dynasty.


I'll post the first part soon. The whole book is available as a PDF here (on lulu.com) or here (on my Patreon account). (Note, the book has two names...I started out with Shao Kang: The King Who Came Back and then changed it to Shao Kang: The Returning King).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shao Kang: The Returning King (Introduction)

 Last year I did a series of kids growing up in ancient China. It was something I had written before and decided to post on this blog, part ...